Stand-up Comedy: Beginners/Improvers Saturday Intensive (1 day)
About The Course
11.15am-6pm on 4th May 2019
This stand-up Saturday is a one day intensive with one of the UK's most highly regarded stand-up coaches, directors and author of "A Director's Guide to the Art of Stand-up" Chris Head. Develop your comedy persona, writing and performance skills with unique practical insights that work and personalised feedback.
* Whether you've been gigging already or you're brand new, your own on-stage persona will be broken down and analysed so that you can write more precisely for yourself.
* Explore timing, rhythm, pacing and the emotion and attitude behind lines that make them land.
* Develop new material with improv and writing exercises that will reveal techniques and approaches you will use again and again.
* Work the room and develop your in-the-moment awareness.
* If you are brand new, gain the confidence to get up on stage and deliver your material, and gain lots of insights into how to develop that material too.
As we develop your material, you will work on constructing and delivering a stand up set without having to write and learn a script word-for-word, as a lot of beginners do. This approach sets you up with a solid framework of comic ideas and a structured set, and then through a semi-improvised performance you can:
* Create a freer and more dynamic performance style
* Be more naturally interactive with the audience
* Improvise new lines and ideas on stage
This is a great help to beginners and also gigging acts can be freed to be more spontaneous on stage. By the end of the day you will have a clearer sense of your persona, new material and the tools to develop more, fresh motivation and developed performance skills. For newbies there will be guidance on how to follow up the course with an open-spot on the circuit. (And I'm still running the ten week class I've run for over ten years if you'd like to follow a longer process that builds up to a gig.)
"His comedy knowledge is encyclopaedic, his earnest enthusiasm for the subject contagious." BBC Arts Editor Will Gompertz
- Full fee£85£850£0