Stand-up Comedy: Improvers Weekend Intensive (BRIGHTON)
About The Course
12pm-7pm on Saturday & Sunday 1st / 2nd February 2020
With a showcase from 8pm-9.30pm on the Sunday
This stand-up weekend intensive is with one of the UK's most highly regarded stand-up coaches, directors and author of "A Director's Guide to the Art of Stand-up" Chris Head. Develop your comedy persona, writing and performance skills with inspiring practical insights that work and personalised feedback.
* Whether you've been gigging for some time or have just starteed, your own on-stage persona will be broken down and analysed so that you can write more precisely for yourself.
* Explore timing, rhythm, pacing and the emotion and attitude behind lines that make them land.
* Develop new material with improv and writing exercises that will reveal techniques and approaches you will use again and again.
* Work the room and develop your in-the-moment awareness.
As we develop your material, you will work on constructing and delivering a stand up set without having to write and learn a script word-for-word, as a lot of beginners do. This approach sets you up with a solid framework of comic ideas and a structured set, and then through a semi-improvised performance you can:
* Create a freer and more dynamic performance style
* Be more naturally interactive with the audience
* Improvise new lines and ideas on stage
This approach frees you to be more spontaneous on stage. By the end of the weekend you will have a clearer sense of your persona, new material and the tools to develop more, fresh motivation and developed performance skills. Then put it all into practice with an informal showcase for family and friends on the Sunday evening.
"His comedy knowledge is encyclopaedic, his earnest enthusiasm for the subject contagious." BBC Arts Editor Will Gompertz
- Full fee£120£1200£0