Sat, 01 Feb|
The Southern Belle
Stand-up Comedy: Improvers Weekend Intensive (BRIGHTON)
Saturday & Sunday 12pm-7pm plus Sunday showcase from 8pm-9.30pm. BRIGHTON. 15 PLACES. An intensive weekend developing your persona, performance and material aimed at gigging acts looking to develop new material and sharpen writing and performance skills. More info below.
01 Feb 2020, 12:00 – 02 Feb 2020, 19:00
The Southern Belle, 3 Waterloo St, Hove BN3 1AQ, UK
About The Course
12pm-7pm on Saturday & Sunday 1st / 2nd February 2020
With a showcase from 8pm-9.30pm on the Sunday
This stand-up weekend intensive is with one of the UK's most highly regarded stand-up coaches, directors and author of "A Director's Guide to the Art of Stand-up" Chris Head. Develop your comedy persona, writing and performance skills with inspiring practical insights that work and personalised feedback.
* Whether you've been gigging for some time or have just starteed, your own on-stage persona will be broken down and analysed so that you can write more precisely for yourself.
* Explore timing, rhythm, pacing and the emotion and attitude behind lines that make them land.
* Develop new material with improv and writing exercises that will reveal techniques and approaches you will use again and again.
* Work the room and develop your in-the-moment awareness.
As we develop your material, you will work on constructing and delivering a stand up set without having to write and learn a script word-for-word, as a lot of beginners do. This approach sets you up with a solid framework of comic ideas and a structured set, and then through a semi-improvised performance you can:
* Create a freer and more dynamic performance style
* Be more naturally interactive with the audience
* Improvise new lines and ideas on stage
This approach frees you to be more spontaneous on stage. By the end of the weekend you will have a clearer sense of your persona, new material and the tools to develop mo